Everyone is welcome to shop at the Co-op, however, there are many benefits to becoming a member-owner!
OWN: You are an equal owner of the Co-op, a community-owned business dedicated to improving access to good, local and fairly priced food & enhancing our community’s quality of life.
VOTE: You help shape the Co-op by electing your Board representatives and voting for changes as the needs become apparent. YOU have an equal voice in this community!
SERVE: You can run for election to the Board of Directors or volunteer with committees.
SAVE: There are many ways you save as a member-owner:
- Member Mondays – 5% off your entire purchase every Monday (excludes alcohol, gift certificates and membership payments)
- The privilege of bulk and special ordering, with 15% off bulk or by the case orders!
- Periodic specials throughout the Co-op such as on member-owner appreciation days
- Accessing specials & discounts at our partnering local businesses through the Local Roots program
- Receiving an annual patronage dividend when the Co-op will earn surplus income
- Special offerings for low income member-owners
BELONG: It’s always nice to be part of a group. Especially when that group is both diverse in its membership and aligned in its values.
LEARN & SHARE: Member-owners get reduced or free registration for specific classes & Co-op events.
ALL OF US GET A STORE! We all get a community-owned, not for profit, democratically-run store. Unlike conventional grocery stores, our primary mission is to serve our shoppers, not profit at their expense, and support our local farmers, not compete with them.
Becoming a member-owner of the Co-op is quick and easy!
- Fill out the Member-Owner Application
- Pay the initial investment of $100 or your first quarterly payment
- Your Co-op benefits begin immediately!
There is a $15 annual equity payment. The Gardiner Food Co-op does not have a working member requirement. If you move away your membership is fully refundable. A low-income option is available, please contact us in the store or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.